Monday, July 20, 2015

Gyros

Due to the Middle East being in a state of turmoil and with the conflict going on in Syria, a large number of Syrian migrants have been flowing into Trinidad and Tobago and as a result of this they have started to influence the local food culture.

Carts and Vans with colourful signs advertising Gyros have begun popping up Island wide and gyros is now also becoming a hit with fete/party goers.

Gyros are made with either lamb, beef, chicken, shrimp, or a mixed combo topped off with pineapple, cheese, mushrooms, or even more meat.

I haven't had the pleasure of tasting one of these Gyros but soon, I will be and I will then give an update and an opinion as to my thoughts on its flanour.

I hear that there is an extremely delicious Gyro being sold by a vendor in Chaguanas. Can you recommend any other?

Gyro vendor on D Avenue

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments to enhance the knowledge of the author and other readers